The Spring Season Parent Meeting will be on February 11th, at 6:00 PM in the Commons. There will be an opportunity to complete the registration process and receive your athletic clearance card immediately following the meeting.
Spring Sports Registration Deadline
- Register online with Family ID at www.familyid.com/denver-east-high-school
- Pay to Play payment is made online with Family ID. The pay to play fee is $60.00 or $10.00 if the family is on free/reduced lunch. If the family is on free/reduced lunch, please make sure the approval letter is given to Lisa Smith, otherwise the students account will be charged $50.00 for the balance of the pay to play fee.
- Students will need to register with CHSAA, through the Arbiter Athlete website. This is a requirement to receive your athletic clearance card. Please text S41182 to 69274 to register. You will receive a text back, please click on the link to finish the Arbiter Athlete registration process. Or students can log-on and register at www.ArbiterAthlete.com.
*********** If you already have an arbiter athlete account, you do not need to create another one.
- The athletic department will check eligibility status. If the student athlete has two or more F’s from the fall semester, they are not eligible to participate in Spring Sports until they recertify March 1st.
Note: Athletes who are trying out for a spring sport must have their athletic clearance card prior to being on the playing surface on the 1st day of tryouts on February 25th. The registration for spring sports will close Monday, March 25th. Keep in mind we are not here for President’s Day.
Hard copies of a current physical must be submitted to Lisa Smith during the registration process, in room 240, or in the training room after school.
Students Without A Program (SWOP)
All students who will be participating in a sport that is not offered at their school of attendance must complete the following form and submit for consideration. Denver Public Schools will review all requests and return decisions and communication as soon as possible. If you are a student who does not attend East but would like to participate in a sport at East: click here.
If you are an Exchange or transfer student, see Terita Walker-Berry in room 152 for additional paperwork.
Additional Spring Athletic Registration
- February 12th – March 1st during lunch and after school in Room 240.
- March 4th – March 25th during lunch in room 240, and after school in the training room.
Eligibility can only be changed if one of the following conditions exist.
- A teacher has made a mistake, therefore, the posted grade was inaccurate.
- If a student has an excused absence, documented in Infinite Campus and makes up missed work within the school approved guidelines for submission of that make up work.
Make-up work (unless due to an excused absence or extenuating circumstances) can not change eligibility status.
Athletic sports that are sanctioned by the Denver Public School Board of Education and meet the criteria may exempt participation however, such exemption WILL NOT reduce the number of hours required to earn a diploma.
- Participation in ONE FULL Sports Season = 5 semester hours of PE Requirement
- Student MUST maintain academically eligibility for the ENTIRE Season
- Students MUST request the waiver during the same semester that the sport is played. Please see your counselor for details. The form must be signed by the Athletic Director and Counselor.
- NOTE: Club Sports and non-East/DPS sports DO NOT fulfill the PE Waiver requirement.