Career Resource List for Students
Career Exploration – https://www.mycoloradojourney.com/journey
- New statewide career exploration/planning platform that is the successor to College In Colorado. Connects individuals to work, education and support services exploration and action planning.
- Tools and resources available on platform: CareersInColorado; Career Pathways; Money 101; Interest survey; College Admissions Tool for Colorado; College Opportunity Fund;
- CareersInColorado is now incorporated into the MyColoradoJourney platform.
- Find careers and career pathways in growing Colorado industries
My Next Move – O*NET Interest Profiler
- Can help you find out what your interests are and how they relate to the world of work. You can find out what you like to do.
Finding Job/Starting Careers
National Job Boards:
Careeronestop – Apprenticeship Finder
Colorado Focused Sites
Colorado Department of Labor and Employment – Connecting Colorado
- Connecting Colorado is part of a state and county-run system that delivers immediate, tangible results for your future. You can post your résumé, apply for a specific job or do a self-directed job search through our jobs database.
Colorado Department of Labor and Employment – Jobs & Training
- Finding a Job / Career Help / Training
- Information on becoming an apprentice in Colorado
Andrew Hudson’s Jobs List: https://andrewhudsonsjobslist.com/
Non-Profit Jobs – Colorado Non-Profit Association:
State of Colorado Job Opportunities: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/colorado
Youth Focused Opportunities
- Modern youth apprenticeship system in Colorado in which youth at participating high schools connect with employers
Mile High Youth Corps
- Nonprofit organization established in 1992 to give youth ages 16 to 24 a chance to earn an income and learn hands-on job skills while serving in their communities.
City Year Denver
- Supporting the development, growth and success of students in systemically under resourced schools. City Year AmeriCorps Member Role: Student Success Coach. Between ages 18-25 by 7/1/2020 with HS diploma or GED equivalent.
Colorado LMI Gateway
- Labor market profiles; Data trends – wages, demographics
Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Information on the hundreds of occupations that provide the majority of jobs in the USA
Denver Economic Development & Opportunity — www.denvergov.org/oed
Workforce Services serves as a comprehensive employment and training resource
for jobseekers and employers throughout Denver.
- Free training and workshops / Job Fairs and Hiring Events
- Denver Workforce Center – Westside
1200 Federal Blvd., 1st Floor 80204
(Denver Human Services building) 720.930.4331
- Denver Workforce Center – Montbello
4685 Peoria St., Suite 251 80239
(Arie P. Taylor building) 720.930.4063
- Denver Workforce Center – DEN (Denver International Airport)
8500 Peña Blvd., 5th Floor 80249
(Main terminal building) 303.342.2590
Virtual Job Shadow
- Career Exploration for Every Stage of Development – video-based career planning platform. Used by numerous high schools and local workforce centers.
- Available through Connecting Colorado. To setup an account, click “Login” and enter “Connecting Colorado-Denver”