Annual Family Update: The Annual Family Update IS A REQUIRED action that all parents must take for students to have their registration at East confirmed for the 2020-21 school year. If you have not already, you can complete this requirement now, to secure your spot for 2020-21 (this is necessary, even for freshman and other new students who have participated in the choice process).
Families can access the Annual Family Update by logging into their Parent Portal or by visiting: http://schoolchoice.dpsk12.org/enrollment-registration/annual-family-update/
Students and parents will have access to student schedules starting Wednesday, August 12. Remember that students will be taking four classes Quarter 1 and three classes Quarter 2. Students will see on their class schedule whether they have been assigned to the “A” or “B” schedule. Students may not request a change to the schedule that they were not initially assigned to, nor may they attend classes on the alternate schedule.
Access to all coursework will be available to students through the Schoology platform.
Denver East Remote/Hybrid Class Schedule (starting August 24):
· Students assigned to “A” sessions will have synchronous (with teacher) learning time in the MORNING and asynchronous (independent) learning time in the AFTERNOON.
· Students assigned to “B” sessions will have synchronous (with teacher) learning time in the AFTERNOON and asynchronous (independent) learning time in the MORNING.
DPS 2020-2021 Calendar – https://www.dpsk12.org/wp-content/uploads/2020-21-School-Year-Calendar.pdf
- Seniors – Class of 2021 – Submit your senior photo, review guidelines, etc at east.dpsk12.org/yearbooks
- 2020-2021 Yearbooks are on sale now! Don’t wait until the last minute. east.dpsk12.org/yearbooks
Summer homework assignments have been posted at: https://east.dpsk12.org/students/academics/summer-reading-and-assignments
- + +
Parents, are you wondering how to support your student with on-line learning? We will be connecting you with resources- here is a video introduction to Schoology Links for parents:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FxH1WawCtg&feature=youtu.be (English)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MryyHVamTPI&feature=youtu.be (Español)
Students in need of technology to support remote learning may pick up Chromebooks on the East High School Esplanade on Tuesday, August 11th at the following times:
|9:00am – 10:00am||9th grade last name A – H|
|10:00am – 11:00am||9th grade last name I – Q|
|11:00am – 12:00am||9th grade last name R – Z|
|1:00pm – 2:00pm||10th -12th grade all last names|
If you are Driving:
Enter the Esplanade from Colfax Ave. Proceed to the tent set up in front of the bike racks just south of the E. Have an ID ready and a staff member will hand you a computer and charger in your car. There will be no need for you to get out of the car.
If you are walking/biking:
Enter the Esplanade from Colfax Ave. You will be directed to a waiting area where a staff member will bring your computer and charger to you based on where you would be in the line with cars. Have an ID ready.
If you need assistance with technology, please contact the DPS Department of Technology Services at: dots.dpsk12.org.
Due to the closure of school buildings, ACT and SAT (College Board) will not be providing Saturday morning assessments at East High School until further notice. Visit https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat or https://www.act.org/ for more information.
From our Health Team:
Important information about immunizations is available at https://east.dpsk12.org/family-announcements/2020/05/information-about-immunizations-for-2020-2021/
+ + +
Access to the lottery for student parking spaces will become available in early September- we’ll get you more information after the school year has begun.
+ + +
DPS continues to provide nutrition support for students and families. More information is available at https://www.dpsk12.org/coronavirus/food-distribution/
+ + +
- Mobile Crisis Team: 303-602-7220
- Mental Health Center of Denver Walk in Clinic: (844) 493-8255; 4353 E Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80220
- Denver Health Community Clinics: While the Denver Health School-Based Clinic will be closed over the extended spring break, there are several Community Clinics that students will have access to. A complete list can be found here.
- Suicide Prevent hotline:1-800-273-8255
- Safe2Tell Hotline: 1-877-542-7233; Safe2Tell.org