Featured Video Highlights:
- Latino Students United Celebrates Mexican Independence Day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEA-4j0ksMw
- Student work from visual arts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG5JM8b-F1Y
- MaiaLearning – https://youtu.be/IaLTn11kVuE
- Sophomore – east.dpsk12.org/soph-class-meeting
- Junior – east.dpsk12.org/junior-class-meeting
- Senior – east.dpsk12.org/senior-class-meeting
- 9/22 at 6pm – Freshman – east.dpsk12.org/freshmen-class-meeting
A Note on potential 2nd Quarter Hybrid and the 100% Virtual Options:
Thank you so much, parents, for your patience and thoughtfulness as we continue to move toward the second quarter of the school year. The superintendent has still identified October 15th as a likely transition time to hybrid learning. While we are well planned with several approaches, we will not be able to confirm, nor communicate, our plan until we have further specific direction from the superintendent’s office related to the constraints they are requiring us to work around. Similarly, while we are planning toward supporting and scheduling for students who have requested the 100% Virtual Option, we are awaiting three things to be able to move forward: specific direction from the superintendent’s office, confirmation of teachers who will be virtual only, and a confirmed list of students who have made that request. We do not have a timeline from the district on gaining the necessary information, but as soon as we do, we will provide you with more information related to entry into the 2nd Quarter of the school year.
A few Schedule Updates
We have recently added a ‘Study Skills’ and ‘Counseling’ period to each student’s schedule. The study skills course is solely for attendance purposes and is scheduled during the Independent learning periods of the day. The Counseling period is also a reference period to help identify each child’s counselor for any questions or concerns.
Our school health professional services at East include a variety of substance use and social-emotional curricula. All of the following services will be offered virtually and can be accessed by parent or self (student) referral. If you would like your student to access one or more of these services please contact Lauren Nichols at Lauren_Nichols@dpsk12.org or (720) 423-8565
- Drug and alcohol education group (6 sessions-psychoeducation about the impacts on the brain, understanding laws, and increasing healthy coping skills)
- Nicotine cessation (second chance program for experimental users or NOT group for higher level nicotine users)
- Individual drug and alcohol brief intervention (4-8 sessions)
- Aggression Replacement Therapy group (6 sessions)
- Anxiety group (6-8 sessions)
- Grief Workshop via Judi’s House (1x 45 minute sessions)
MaiaLearning is the new Naviance and each child has an account. Students can log in by going to their student portal, looking under the ‘Apps’ and clicking on the MaiaLearning App. On this website, students will find fantastic college tools and other resources. Students also have the option to invite their parents to join and this allows any communication sent out about college opportunities to be sent to both students and parents.
The First PTSA Meeting will be held virtually on Thursday, September 24th at 6pm. Find more information about PTSA and the link to the meeting at eastptsa.org
The first ELA PAC meeting has moved to Tuesday, October 13th at 6pm, and will still be virtual. More information regarding ELA and Instructions on how to access the meeting will be available on our website under the “Get involved”Tab on the homepage.
East School-Based Health Center is open to all DPS students for both in-person and telehealth appointments for both new and existing patients. Health services are provided at NO COST to all DPS families! We now have Flu Shots! For in-person appointments, we are taking every precaution to keep our clinics clean and patients safe. Register now with our convenient eConsent link: https://na3.docusign.net/Member/PowerFormSigning.aspx?PowerFormId=0f7574d8-b2fa-4316-aa15-3e34addaded9&env=na3-eu1&acct=f110a213-e972-4e57-abfb-bce6a2068fcf!