East High School student parking spots for the 20-21 school year will be available through a lottery system. Eligible Juniors and Seniors May register for the lottery for the available 340 spots starting September 14, 2020 continuing through October 2, 2020. Eligible students will be able to register by submitting their name to the provided link along with copies of their valid drivers license, registration and insurance. The lottery will be held on October 3, with those receiving spots being notified October 5th. Distribution of passes will be October 6-8 at which time student will be able to sign up for a time to paint their spots October 13-15. The cost of a 20-21 parking pass is $30.
Back to school night videos will be available Tuesday, Sept 8 in Schoology. Many have already been uploaded already though, so go check them out!
The Class Parent Meetings will be taking place virtually this year. The Senior class meeting will be held on September 15th at 6pm and the junior and sophomore class meetings will be held on September 16th. The Freshman class meeting date is still to be determined. Information to access the events will be posted on the east website.
Our school health professional services at East include a variety of substance use and social-emotional curricula. All of the following services will be offered virtually and can be accessed by parent or self (student) referral. If you would like your student to access one or more of these services please contact Lauren Nichols at Lauren_Nichols@dpsk12.org or (720) 423-8565.
- Drug and alcohol education group (6 sessions-psychoeducation about the impacts on the brain, understanding laws, and increasing healthy coping skills)
- Nicotine cessation (second chance program for experimental users or NOT group for higher level nicotine users)
- Individual drug and alcohol brief intervention (4-8 sessions)
- Aggression Replacement Therapy group (6 sessions)
- Anxiety group (6-8 sessions)
- Grief Workshop via Judi’s House (1x 45 minute sessions)
- Angel Packs are bags of non-perishable food for the weekend.
- Fridays (starting 9/11) from 3:45-4:45pm outside the Detroit entrance (back of school)
- Any students or family members may pick up
- Social distancing and masks required
- Questions can be emailed to email@example.com