We sincerely want to thank you for your patience and flexibility as we navigate these ever-changing times. As you hopefully heard in recent messaging from the District, East will remain in Remote learning through the end of Quarter 2. As DPS Superintendent Susan Cordavoa noted in her most recent communication, this is to allow school teachers and students to focus on quality remote learning. Health conditions are unlikely to improve enough before the end of the semester to allow for safe, in-person schooling in our middle and high schools.
Again, if you are needing additional technology or support during remote learning please visit the East Website or reach out to your student’s counselor.
The Equity Forum that was scheduled to take place today has been rescheduled. Please keep an eye on the East Calendar and emails from us about the new date and time.
- Your photos for the yearbook are due by Nov. 1
- Any seniors with a November 15th deadline must complete their google transcript form by November 1st to ensure a timely send-off. Please have students check their MaiaLearning to make sure their information and college list is updated and that they have synched their Common App with their MaiaLearning account. Please remember to give your teachers and counselor a two-week notice for their letters of recommendation.
As a school, East High School is doing our best to inform and support students through a course completion process for the course(s) they did not complete last Spring (Semester Two), when we transitioned to remote learning in March. The course completion opportunity will be taught by East teachers during period 4, Tuesdays and Thursdays right after period 3. The teachers will engage students in reviewing and recovering missed content from last Spring and achieving mastery of essential skills. During this class period,
students will log into Schoology/Google Meet conferences and meet with content-specific teachers. Students will also have the opportunity to receive academic support during Friday tutorial times set by the teacher and support staff. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Terita Walker (Assistant Principal), your students’ counselor and/or the teacher of record for your student’s course completion class.
Seal of Biliteracy
- Any 11th or 12th grader interested in applying for the Seal of Biliteracy needs to apply by October 31st. For more information and application, visit http://ela.dpsk12.org/about-the-seal-of-biliteracy/
- Counselors will be sending a D and F concerns via email on Nov. 10. In the meantime, please sit down with your child and look at both their Schoology and Infinite Campus to check their progress.
- ICAP lessons were sent to each student on their Schoology. Students should complete their ICAP by November 6th. If they have any questions, please have them email their counselor.
Denver Health’s School-Based Health Center
Please remember that the Denver Health’s School-Based Health Center (SBHC) at East High School offers no-cost healthcare. Services are available to any Denver Public Schools student or child that attends a DPS affiliated Early Childhood Education center within Denver County. This clinic is currently offering flu shots and During COVID, we’re offering in-person or telephone / video appointments. To register for the clinic and for additional information please visit east.dpsk12.org/wellnes