Senior Families: There is a lot of excitement around Senior Spring activities, including Prom/After Prom and Graduation! Know that we match you in level of excitement and anticipation, although there is not much specific information to share, yet (beyond Prom/After Prom being scheduled for May 15th and the current district date for Graduation on May 24th). We have been told that we will have specific direction from the school district in regard to prom and graduation requirements after Spring Break and we will update you after we receive more information.
Featured Student Work
- LSU Cesar Chavez Stage One
- LSU Cesar Chavez Stage Two
- LSU Cesar Chavez Stage Two
- APSA PSA – https://east.dpsk12.org/student-news/student-work/2021/03/apsa-psa/
- Angels on Air Season 8 Episode 18
- March 29 – April 2: Spring Break!
- April 5: Staff Professional Development – No Classes for Students
- April 6: College Monday sponsored by AVID
- April 6-9: Monday-Thursday schedule will occur Tuesday-Friday
- April 8: EAFAF Scholarship Deadline at 3pm
- April 12-15: Testing Week / Asynchronous Learning
- April 15, 4pm-5pm: CSC
- April 13-15, 6pm – 7:30pm: Incoming 9th/Transfer Student Virtual COS Event
Students who are being acknowledged for their academic achievements from Semester 1 may have received a certificate that was confusing. We apologize for that and new certificates are on the way! Give us a call if you have any questions.
Join DPS in a conversation about school resource officers being transitioned out of schools by the end of the year. Join the meeting on April 7th from 6-7pm and make sure your voice is heard. Please visit http://tinyurl.com/SROTransitionSPA to participate.
+ + +
DRIVE-THRU FOOD DISTRIBUTION sponsored by We Don’t Waste
- Food is free and is available to everyone!
- Tuesday, April 6 from 11 AM to 2 PM
- 40TH AVE MARKET at 2535 E 40TH AVE, DENVER, CO, 80205
- More information at https://www.wedontwaste.org/mobile-food-markets/
WEECYCLE WILL BE DISTRIBUTING BABY FORMULA AND OTHER BABY ITEMS FROM 11AM- 1PM!
A Conversation Related to Weighted and Unweighted Grades has been developing with our students and staff and we would like to hear your perspective. Please, respond to the survey at the following link to provide your thoughts on this topic to our Black Excellence Plan committee focusing on Weighted and Unweighted Grades: BEP-Weighted/UnweightedGradesSurvey
School Choice and Choice of Studies for Incoming Students
Round 1 was released on 3/24 at 4pm. Round 2 of SchoolChoice opens at 8 a.m. on Tues., Apr. 6, and runs through Aug. 31. If you have additional questions regarding the enrollment process or outcomes, please reach out directly to the DPS Office of Choice and Enrollment at 720-423-3493.
Virtual choice of studies meetings for those that have been accepted into East will be held on April 13, 14, and 15th from 6:00-7:30 pm. RSVP for one of our virtual events using the following link: https://forms.gle/g9kkeZAhPnmukmC79
Angel Poms will perform on Friday at the CHSAA Spirit Competition in Hip Hop today at 4:30pm in Colorado Springs. The performance will be live-streamed on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1zUCWql8OdVqVJAPM4ES4w. We wish them all the best!
The Week of April 12th is Colorado State Assessment Week. This will be a completely asynchronous week with no in-person or online classes for students. Information about room assignments has been sent to students today and further details such as what to bring (including the approved calculator list), expectations and more will be shared with everyone after spring break.
Colorado Virtual Career Fair
The Colorado State Youth Council and the Colorado Association for Career and Technical Education, in partnership with education and industry partners from across the state, are hosting the inaugural Colorado Virtual Career Fair on April 19-22. This educational event is intended to expose Colorado youth to a broad sampling of career fields. Registration is now open for youth as well as their families and educators, and career panelist sign-ups are open through April 6.
- April 19-22, 4-6:30 p.m.
- Free event for youth, families, and educators
- Visit youthcareerfair.org for more details and registration
Perspective: Phone Photography Workshop at the Arsenal
- Time to explore and get to know a secret wildlife area right here in the heart of Denver! Join us at the Rocky Mountain Arsenal Wildlife Refuge on Sunday, March 28th for a fun interactive photography workshop.
- Let’s get outside, off the screen and immerse yourself in nature. Explore what it means to have differing perspectives and step up your Insta game with a photography class where all you need is your phone! We’ll start by having a picnic lunch together and then explore the Rocky Mountain Arsenal Wildlife Refuge through photography. We will be exploring leadership in a unique way so come with an open mind and allow yourself to be creative! We will be outside for this activity so please dress warm! No cost.
- REGISTER HERE for the Photography event
- This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to improve their facilitation skills, get better at public speaking, and boost your confidence in groups.
- For youth who want to boost their leadership skills and become better facilitators. At the end of this 90-minute workshop, you will:
- Be more confident in leading group activities and giving clear instructions
- Have an understanding of your strengths and weaknesses around leading
- Improve on giving and receiving feedback
- Back pocket of facilitation tips and tricks for when you are facilitating activities on your own!
- REGISTER HERE for the Facilitation Workshop