EAST HIGH SCHOOL IS HOSTING A FAFSA WORKSHOP ON
THURSDAY, October 20TH
- What: Complete your FAFSA to learn about which types of financial assistance you qualify for to help you pay for college
- When: Thursday, October 20th, 5:00-8:00pm – no appointment needed, drop by between these hours
- Where: East High School – Room 324
- Who: Seniors and Parents
What you should bring to complete your FAFSA:
Please note: This year it is critical that parents come to the FAFSA workshop because they have a key role in helping to submit the FAFSA.
- Social Security Numbers and Social Security Card (if applicable): Student must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident to receive federal aid. Non-US Citizens may be eligible for institutional aid in Colorado. Parent does not need to be U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Student’s alien registration or permanent resident card (if applicable)
- Birthdates: Month/Day/Year (parent AND student)
- 2015 W-2 Forms and other records of money earned last year (parent AND student, if applicable)
- Student’s 2015 Federal Income Tax Return (if applicable)
- Parents’ 2015 Federal Income Tax Return (if you have not filed taxes yet, bring 2014 tax forms)
- 2015 untaxed income records (if applicable)
- Social Security benefits statement
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Veterans benefits records
- Disability benefits records
- Date and Year Parents were married and/or divorced
- Savings and checking account dollar amount (parent AND student, if applicable)
- Business and investment mortgage information (not the home in which you and your family live), business and farm records, stock, bond, and other investment records (if applicable)
- FAFSA PIN numbers (parent AND student, if previously applied for)
East Theater Company Presents
Second Samuel by Pamela Parker
November 1st – November 5th at Noon & 2:00 pm matinees
November 10th – November 12th 7:00 pm
Tickets: $8.00 for students & $15.00 for adults
Performances will be in The Mel-159
Purchase tickets at: http://easttheatreco.weebly.com/upcoming-events.html
Support East AVID
Buy this shirt to support East AVID! There are three style options to choose from
To purchase & get delivered straight to you, go to: https://www.bonfire.com/east-avid/
Parent Teacher Conferences
Parent Teacher Conferences will be October 25, 2016 and October 26, 2016 from 3:15 pm to 7:15 pm. A select amount of teachers will be available November 4th, please email teachers directly to see availability. All meetings need to be scheduled prior to conferences. Please have your student’s schedule available to conference with the correct teachers.
Please click the link to get started: https://easths.schoolappointments.com
Senior Picture Deadlines
Senior picture deadlines are quickly approaching;
2016-2017 Senior Pictures Due Date- 10/24/16
2016-2017 Senior Baby Pictures Due Date- 11/11/16
2016-2017 Buddy Pictures Due Date- 11/11/16
For details and how to submit pictures please click: Senior Picture Packet
DPS Superintendent Forum October 26th
For more information click on the flyer of your choice-
Come Support Cheer & Poms
DPS League Spirit Competition
For More Info- League Flyer
Winter Parent Athletics Meeting
When: Monday, November 7th
Time: 5:30 pm
Where: East Auditorium
Come get importation information regarding Winter Athletics. How do sign up, paperwork needed and more.
Do you need your student records? You can now request them online at : https://denverco.scriborder.com/
Thank you so much for your interest in East High School. Unfortunately 8th Grade Shadowing at East High School is currently full. After increasing our shadowing appointment spots to be able to offer this opportunity to even more students, we have already reached our capacity. In order to accommodate more families, there will be a group tour and information session for 8th grade students and their parents/guardians in the East auditorium on 12/8 at 9 a.m.
You may also email Bethany Goodman (9th grade counselor for students with last names L-Z) at to be added to the shadowing wait list. Please include your first and last name, your student’s name, middle school name, phone number, and email address in your email if you would like to be put on the wait list. Please know that we are already overfilled for shadowing and if any additional spots become available, she will contact you via email.
Thank you again for your interest in East! Go Angels!
If you need a NEW Parent Portal account please visit https://myportal.dpsk12.org, fill out the form and click on the orange “Create Account” button. You will be contacted by a Portal team member. Your request will take 5-7 business days by our district offices.
If parents need a password reset for the Portal please email John_AdamsIII@dpsk12.org or Doug_Bushnell@dpsk12.org. This is only for password resets and forgotten passwords. This is not for account set up.
Student accounts will be created automatically.
If students need help accessing their portal accounts, they should see Mr. Bushnell or Mr. Adams in room 230.
username = student ID#
password = 8 digit date of birth (2 for the month, 2 for the date, 4 for the year, ie 07052015)