AP Concurrent Enrollment

Advanced Placement & Concurrent Enrollment

Advanced Placement (AP) is a program created by the College Board that allows high school students the opportunity to take college credit bearing courses while in high school. Several AP classes are offered at East High School allowing students to explore a variety of college course options. The AP program is generally for students in grades 11-12, however, a few class options are available for 10th grade students. Each AP course does have an AP exam fee associated with the class allowing a money saving opportunity on college credit. Students must earn a qualifying score on the AP Exam in order to be eligible to receive college credit for an AP course.

Advanced Placement Courses offered by East High School

  • AP English Language
  • AP English Literature
  • AP Spanish Language
  • AP Spanish Literature
  • AP French Language
  • AP Seminar: The African Diaspora
  • AP Research
  • AP US History
  • AP World History
  • AP Human Geography
  • AP Comparative Government (Con Law)
  • AP US Government
  • AP Calculus AB
  • AP Calculus BC
  • AP Statistics
  • AP Computer Science
  • AP Micro/Macro Economics
  • AP Psychology
  • AP Environmental Science
  • AP Chemistry
  • AP Physics
  • AP Biology
  • AP Studio Art
  • AP Art History
  • AP Drawing/Painting
  • AP Photography/2D Art
  • AP Ceramics/3D Art
  • AP Music Theory

Learn more information on AP Courses.


What is Concurrent Enrollment (CE)?

The CE program at Denver East allows a student to take college, career, and/or technical courses that earn both high school and college credit while still in high school.

Why take CE classes?

Participating in CE can help you both academically and financially because:

  • You may take more challenging or specialized courses in topics of particular interest;
  • You may get a head start on accumulating college credits that will save you tuition costs later;
  • You may finish your college program or degree more quickly because you will already have some college credits.
  • Most core courses, Math, English, History, and Science, are guaranteed to transfer within public institutions in the state of Colorado.
Where do CE classes take place?

East offers opportunities to take Concurrent Enrollment classes at both the local college campuses and at East High School.

  • The courses offered at East are taught by East teachers who have dual certification to be an adjunct professor with our college partner. We currently offer courses that award credit from the Community College of Denver and University of Colorado of Denver.
  • Students have the ability to take college courses at either a Community College or a Four-year University. DPS’s current major college partners are: Community College of Denver, Community College of Aurora, Arapahoe Community College, Metropolitan State University. 
  • Students are able to take a limited offering of On-Line courses through CSU Global.
  • At East High School, we currently offer CE classes in English, Social Studies, and Math.
How do I sign up for CE?

Please view the checklist.

Your first step will be to speak with your counselor about your academic goals and current credits you have earned. Then you will need to complete the following steps:

  • Pick up a Concurrent Enrollment Registration and Agreement form from Mrs. Vesceri (Lindsey_Vesceri@dpsk12.net / 720-423-8310)
  • Return the form with both student and parent signatures
  • Apply to the college partner of your choice
  • Set up a meeting with the concurrent enrollment liaison at the college of your choice. (See Mrs. Vesceri for contact information.)
How does one qualify for CE?

Your counselor and CE Liaison can support you in assessing the following:

  • Be in good academic standing and have a strong attendance record
  • Have qualifying test scores for the courses you are planning on taking (ACT, SAT, or Accuplacer)
  • Have a four year course plan and complete ICAP for your current high school grade.
What will my out-of-pocket costs be?

Students are required to cover the cost of:

  • Student registration and fees (this varies by school)
  • Books