November 5: Parent Night, 6:00 PM, East Auditorium
All parents and guardians please plan to attend this informative meeting about the upcoming winter sports season.
This will also be the first opportunity for you to receive the athletic clearance cards that are required to participate in any sports. The below process will have to be completed in its entirety before this card can be given out.
November 6 – 9: Clearance Card Pickup
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm, Calloway Gym
November 11 – 15: Clearance Card Pickup
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm, Calloway Gym
November 18: First official day of winter season sports
- Check with coaches for practice days and times.
- Girls Swimming- November 18th and 19th 3:30pm-5:30pm @ Carla Madison
- Girls Basketball-November 18th and 19th, 3:30-5:30pm, Panek Gym
- Boys Basketball- November 18, 19 & 20 (Varsity/JV 5:30pm) (C/Freshmen 7pm) East Gyms
- Wrestling- No Tryouts (Non- Cut Sport)
- Ice Hockey-November 18th & 20th 3:45-4:45pm @ Big Bear Ice Arena
Each of the following steps will be required in order for any student-athlete to begin practice and/or competition with a team.
Once all of these steps are completed the athletes will be placed on a clearance list and can then pick up a clearance card at any of the dates above. They will then bring this card to their coaches on the first day of practice/tryouts.
Step 1: Physical Exams *NEW PROCESS*
· Every athlete will need to provide a current physical that was completed within the last year – If you have already turned in a physical for a Fall sport or a Spring sport last year please skip to the next step.
· Please email a copy of the physical to East_Athletics@dpsk12.org
o If you do not have the ability to send via email, please bring a copy to Lisa Smith in Rm. 240 or Michael Tasker in Rm. 229.
· The Denver Health Clinic inside of the East High School will also be offering physical exams. A consent form is required and can be picked up in the main office or the clinic itself before you can schedule an exam. The clinic is located on the backside of the school, Rm. 139/140
Step 2: Family ID (Parents/Guardians complete)
· Each athlete’s parent/guardian will need to set up a Family ID account using the following link: https://www.familyid.com/denver-east-high-school/denver-east-2019-winter-athletic-registration
- If you already have an account set up for your athlete, your login information is the same.
- At the end of your set up for the respective winter sport it will ask for your payment.
- You may pay directly on the site with a credit/debit card.
- You may pay with cash or check at the school with the Treasurer.
- You may also pay with “my school bucks” but only AFTER completing the registration process through Family ID. (To prevent from being asked to pay twice, please do not try to use my school bucks before completing the registration process on Family ID)
Step 3: Planet High School (completed by student)
- Text S41182 to 69274 >> You will receive a text back with a link >> click the link and finish registration process within Planet High School.
- Transfer Students New To East: Please go to “Transfer Forms” in your planet HS account and follow the prompts to complete the transfer waiver. Click here for step by step instructions on completing Transfer Waiver Forms.
Students without a Program (SWOP):
All students that are choosing to participate in East Athletics due to their home school not having a specific sport will need to complete the following form: click here.
· Each of these forms will also need to be approved by the district so there is a possibility an athlete will receive a “temporary clearance card” until the district has processed the SWOP request.
Grades will also be checked weekly throughout the season every Monday morning at 9:00 am. If an athlete has two or more F’s at that time they will not be permitted to participate in any competitions during that week.
- There are only two exceptions to this rule: If the grade is as a result of an excused absence and the teacher has rectified, or if the teaching made an error – either scenario will require the teacher to sign off.
Athletic sports that are sanctioned by the Denver Public School Board of Education and meet the criteria may exempt participation however, such exemption WILL NOT reduce the number of hours required to earn a diploma.
- Participation in ONE FULL Sports Season = 5 semester hours of PE Requirement
- Student MUST maintain academically eligibility for the ENTIRE Season
- Students MUST request the waiver during the same semester that the sport is played. Please see your counselor for details. The form must be signed by the Athletic Director and Counselor.
- NOTE: Club Sports and non-East/DPS sports DO NOT fulfill the PE Waiver requirement.