The Fall Season Parent Meeting will be held on August 7th, at 5:30 PM in the Auditorium. Families had the opportunity to complete the registration process and receive athletic clearance cards immediately following the meeting.
- Register online with Family ID at https://www.familyid.com/programs/denver-east-2019-fall-athletic-registration
- Pay to Play payment is made online with Family ID. The pay to play fee is $60.00 or $10.00 if the family is on free/reduced lunch. If the family is on free/reduced lunch, please make sure the approval letter is turned into the main office, otherwise the students account will be charged $50.00 for the balance of the pay to play fee.
- Students will need to register with CHSAA, through the Planet HS website. This is a requirement to receive your athletic clearance card. Please text S41182 to 69274 to register. You will receive a text back, please click on the link to finish the Planet HS registration process. Or students can log-on and register at www.planeths.com.
*********** If you already have an arbiter athlete account, you do not need to create a new Planet HS account.
- The athletic department will check eligibility status. If the student athlete has two or more F’s from the Spring semester, they are not eligible to participate in Fall Sports until they re-certify on their sports respective date.
Note: Athletes who are trying out for a fall sport must have their athletic clearance card prior to being on the playing surface on the 1st day of tryouts on August 12th. The registration for Fall sports will close in mid-September. Keep in mind we are not here for Labor Day.
Hard copies of a current physical must be submitted to Lisa Smith during the registration process, or in the Main Office.
Students Without A Program (SWOP)
All students who will be participating in a sport that is not offered at their school of attendance must complete the following form and submit for consideration. Denver Public Schools will review all requests and return decisions and communication as soon as possible. If you are a student who does not attend East but would like to participate in a sport at East: click here.
If you are an Exchange or transfer student, please use your Planet HS account for paperwork. Contact Terita Walker with questions.
Additional Fall Athletic Registration
- Aug 5-Aug 9, 2019 12:00pm-1:00pm in Room 240
- Aug 12–Aug 16, 2019 3:00pm-4:00pm in Room 240
Eligibility can only be changed if one of the following conditions exist.
- A teacher has made a mistake, therefore, the posted grade was inaccurate.
- If a student has an excused absence, documented in Infinite Campus and makes up missed work within the school approved guidelines for submission of that make up work.
Make-up work (unless due to an excused absence or extenuating circumstances) can not change eligibility status.
Athletic sports that are sanctioned by the Denver Public School Board of Education and meet the criteria may exempt participation however, such exemption WILL NOT reduce the number of hours required to earn a diploma.
- Participation in ONE FULL Sports Season = 5 semester hours of PE Requirement
- Student MUST maintain academically eligibility for the ENTIRE Season
- Students MUST request the waiver during the same semester that the sport is played. Please see your counselor for details. The form must be signed by the Athletic Director and Counselor.
- NOTE: Club Sports and non-East/DPS sports DO NOT fulfill the PE Waiver requirement.