At this time the following sports are open for fall sports registration:
- Cross Country
Please take the following steps to get your Denver East Student-Athlete registered:
Step 1: Turn in “Physical Form” from the student’s doctor showing an up-to-date physical exam (physicals are valid for 365 days)
*NEW* this year you will upload your physical directly to FamilyID – See next step.
There are blank forms here if needed:
Step 2: Register for respective sport on FamilyID.com
- Use this Link: https://www.familyid.com/denver-east-high-school/denver-east-2020-fall-athletic-registration
- Select the sport you’d like to register for and complete the information (here is where you will find the section to upload to physical).
Step 3: Planet High School / Big Team Registration (completed by student)
- Go to PlanetHS.com >> create an account (with student’s name and information)
Transfer Students: Completed by parent/guardian
- Go PlanetHS.com >> Create an account for yourself (as the parent) >> Find the section that says “transfer forms” and complete the application. At that time, it should come through to the East Athletics Department, and we will then follow up with next steps.
Grades will also be checked weekly throughout the season every Monday morning at 9:00 am. If an athlete has two or more F’s at that time they will not be permitted to participate in any competitions during that week.
- There are only two exceptions to this rule: If the grade is as a result of an excused absence and the teacher has rectified, or if the teaching made an error – either scenario will require the teacher to sign off.
Athletic sports that are sanctioned by the Denver Public School Board of Education and meet the criteria may exempt participation however, such exemption WILL NOT reduce the number of hours required to earn a diploma.
- Participation in ONE FULL Sports Season = 5 semester hours of PE Requirement
- Student MUST maintain academically eligibility for the ENTIRE Season
- Students MUST request the waiver during the same semester that the sport is played. Please see your counselor for details. The form must be signed by the Athletic Director and Counselor.
- NOTE: Club Sports and non-East/DPS sports DO NOT fulfill the PE Waiver requirement.